Saturday, March 13, 2010

Marvelous Workmanship!

Baby Beran is due in 6 weeks...


You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
and knit me together in my mother's womb.

Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marvelous--how well I know it.

You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.

You saw me before I was born. 
Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.

How precious are your thoughts about me, O God.
They can not be numbered!

Psalm 139:13-17

Awesome!  God is just awesome!  As I read this passage this morning
 I found myself basking in the awe of God's marvelous workmanship.  
Although I already love my baby, I have felt it actively moving,
heard it's heartbeat, eagerly await it's arrival; 
 I do not really know my baby yet...but God does!
He is knitting this child together in my womb,
even the delicate, inner parts...my child's very being.
God has a plan for my child's life, He knows every detail.
This child has a unique purpose, no one else has ever been or 
ever will be just like him/her.
Precious in His sight...even now! 




But this isn't true only of Baby Beran or David who wrote the Psalm above
(or even just for my 3 year old Andrew above)...
it's true for ME and YOU!

Read the previous verses found in Psalm 139:1-6

O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me.

You know when I sit down or stand up. 
You know my thoughts even when I'm far away.

You see me when I travel and when I rest at home.
You know everything I do.

You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord.

You go before me and follow me. 
You place your hand of blessing on my head.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too great for me to understand!

He knows every detail of our lives, friends!  From the beginning...
to the end and everything inbetween! 

He wove YOU together in your mother's womb!
He knows YOU and the details of YOUR life!
 YOU are His unique and special creation!
He has a plan and a purpose for YOUR life;
ones only YOU can fill!
He knows everything about YOU,
YOUR thoughts, feelings and dreams!
He wants to bless YOU!
His thoughts of YOU are precious...
and too numerous for YOU to count!

...they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up, you are still with me!
Psalm 139:18

Do you believe it?
Do you really believe it?!

As I apply this to my life, I find myself in awe
saying much like David did...
This is just too wonderful,
His ways too great for me to comprehend!

But I believe it and I
thank you, LORD!!

1 comment:

  1. You are glowing, girl! I can't wait to see the baby pictures. Isn't it awesome to think that right now, as your baby is growing inside you, God has a specific plan for your little one from start to finish? What a wonder His creation is!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from you!