Monday, April 22, 2013

Homemade Bubbles in a bowl and a Straw ~ FUN DAY Monday!

Welcome to:

On Mondays I share about fun things we do here in Beranville.  Then, later in the week, I try to share another more "serious" post about what God's been teaching me lately.  It's wonderful to see God at work in both the fun and the serious stuff of life...and most of the time those two intermingle in my world.  Probably yours too.
 
You know, you don't have to spend a lot or give your kids fancy gadgets or toys for them to have fun.  It's usually the simplest things that get them excited, prompts them to use their imagination and helps them to not only pass a lot of time, but to experiment and learn in the process.  Simply letting kids be kids isn't so complicated.

What I'm sharing today is one of those simple things:

Homemade Bubble (recipe coming up) in a bowl and add a straw.  It's that simple!

Let the fun begin!
First, big brother had to show little brother how it was done.
Really proud of his BIG bubble!
Little brother quickly got the hang of it...
Giggles in the midst of bubbles... 
Oopsie!  He sucked in a little of the bubble solution...
and had to wipe his mouth.  More giggles!
 
Big brother asked to make a "car wash".  I filled a spray bottle with water and he added a tractor toy.
 
Little brother added one of his Little People.  Shower!
The addition of water made even more bubbles!!
It was a little messy, but easy to clean up!
 
Little brother even gave himself a beard.
Ho Ho Ho! :) 
 
 
They had a lot of fun!
 
Easy Homemade Bubbles
(that aren't watered down and actually work!!)
2 1/2 C Water
1/2 C Light Corn Syrup
Mix. Microwave for 4 minutes.
Gently mix in 1/2 C Dawn Dish Liquid
 

I love it that my children find such joy in the simplest of things.  And that I do too, because of them.  They're never in a hurry.  They giggle without regard.  They never pass up an opportunity to explore and have fun!  I have a lot to learn from them.  Oh, to be more like a child! 
 
"Being in a hurry. Getting to the next thing without fully entering the thing in front of me. I cannot think of a single advantage I've ever gained from being in a hurry. But a thousand broken and missed things, tens of thousands, lie in the wake of all the rushing.... Through all that haste I thought I was making up time. It turns out I was throwing it away.”   ― Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are
 
Follow me on Pinterest or sign up for e-mail updates in the right hand side bar to keep up with Life In Beranville!

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more...I love finding the simple ways to introduce fun! Such cute photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a lot of fun. I'll have to remember this when Declan gets older. Great pics too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from you!