Monday, June 10, 2013

Toilet Paper Tube Puppets: FUN DAY MONDAY

Welcome to:

A while back my oldest little boy (6) expressed an interest in making some homemade puppets.  I did a little search on Pinterest and found some easy-peasy, very cute toilet paper tube puppet templates on Making Learning Fun.com.  

My little farm boy decided to make the Cowboy and Cowgirl puppets.  We printed out the templates.  He colored them, cut them out and glued them onto toilet paper tubes (Note: I keep toilet paper tubes handy at all times because they're good for all kinds of crafts.  My boys even pretend they're telescopes and binoculars).

He then made a "puppet theater" out of an old cardboard box (with a little help from me).

He and little brother (3) had so much fun putting on shows for us.  



It was quite amazing the stories they would come up with and act out for us.  Good for their imaginations! And it definitely brought lots of laughter for all of us!

Remember, kids don't have to be entertained every minute of the day.  Actually, I believe it's the simplest things that help expand their minds and their imaginations...even letting them entertain you with a simple puppet show.  :)

Until next time, have a FUN DAY with your family!

Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6 NKJV

To check out previous Fun Day Monday posts click here.

2 comments:

  1. I agree...the simpler the better! Liam (5) has been using a ruler as a ninja stick! ;) It's neat to see his imagination work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! Looks like he had a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from you!