Monday, March 18, 2013

DIY Personal Pain Pouch with Soothing Lavender and Peppermint GIFT Idea~ Fun Day Monday

Welcome to:
http://beranville.blogspot.com
 
It's hard to believe how fast FUN DAY Monday rolls around!
 
Today I have a fun, easy DIY idea to share!
 
Make your own Personal Pain Pouch with Soothing Lavender and Peppermint!
 
http://beranville.blogspot.com
 
A few weeks ago a very special friend of mine had surgery.  This friend has helped me a lot through some of my health ups and downs the last couple of years, so I really wanted to return the favor.  Among other things I looked for a unique gift idea.  When I ran across this idea on One Good Thing by Jillee for a Headache (or other aches) Pillow I thought it was just the thing!
 
I changed her method a bit and this is what I came up with.
 
http://beranville.blogspot.com
 
I picked out a bundle of different bright colored basic dish clothes from Wal-Mart (red for this one...and other pretty colors for future gifts!).  I just think the bright color makes it more cheery for someone who's healing.  :) 
 
I filled two sandwich bags with rice (not too full!), maybe 2 cups or so in each.  I just eyeballed it and added 5 drops of each lavender and peppermint essential oils to each back.  These smell of these two oils together are very soothing.  I sealed the bag tightly and removed access air (important!).
 
I sewed (with my mother-in-law's sewing machine) around the edges of the cloth on each short side, slipped the two bags in and sewed up the long side.  Tied with a little pretty ribbon and added my own personalized tag.  I could have easily printed one on the computer, but I thought this added a nice, personal touch to it.
 
Lavender is calming and relaxing.  Peppermint is invigorating.  Both are linked to pain relief.
 
I told my friend she could put this on her forehead or across her chest, inhale the soothing scent and enjoy the relaxing effects.
 
Another option is to warm it in the microwave for 30 to 40 seconds before use.  Just be sure not to overheat and melt your bags!
 
I will be making more of these!  I even want to make one for myself.
 
Interested in finding practical ways to help others when they are facing hard times?
 
He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.  Psalm 103:3
 
Be thankful.  Be a servant.  Be blessed!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Interested in Health?  Want to learn more along with me?
Follow my other blog: Health In Beranville

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from you!